Thursday, September 17, 2015

Comedy Part 601: Highland Hijinks

Location: Corner Keg Pub (Highland, IL)
Lineup: Me, Joe "The Animal" Lancey, Gary Rittenhouse

It had been a while since I'd done a full-fledged one-shot bar show. Wish we had clarified the show structure beforehand as I was unclear on the format (Joe brought me up to start, but I didn't know if I was supposed to give him a full-fledged introduction to bring him back up). That aside, I had a pretty good set; I cracked a joke or two about the Republican debate being on the TV(saying that people's attention was divided between two comedy shows), but that may not have been the best thing for this particular audience. It's always cool to get paid to perform...don't know if it's something that'll ever happen on a regular basis, but it's a nice perk when it does. One of my aunts lives in the area and got to see me perform, which I think was the first time she had seen me do comedy. Next up for me: Probably Westport Funny Bone next Tuesday, followed by Hey Guys Comedy on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment