Saturday, June 3, 2017

Comedy Part 749: Twenty-Minute Man

Location:  222 Artisan Bakery (Edwardsville, IL)
Emcee:  Doug Morris
After:  Lucas Hinderliter
Before:  Ben Johnson

Doug asked me to perform on this show and it was on a Saturday night with no wrestling shows in the immediate area, so it was good to check out a new venue and audience.  We had free reign on time, so I really wanted to see how long of a set I could do.  I wrote out my stronger material and refreshed my memory on some jokes that I hadn't done in a while.  I had to check my notes a couple of times, but was able to wing it for most of the set...according to Doug, my set went about twenty minutes and I got fairly consistent laughs throughout.  That's a great milestone for me to reach and gives me a big boost of confidence that I can do a feature-length set.  Now it's just a matter of getting booked for that position at a comedy club.  On top of that, it was a paid gig...always a nice perk.  Onward...next up is probably the Westport Funny Bone open-mic on Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment