Thursday, October 1, 2015

Comedy Part 605: 2/8

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Feature:  Max Fitzgerald
Headliner:  Ryan Singer

The audiences for the first two shows of my weekend odyssey were "small but mighty", as they say...not the biggest crowds, but they were energetic about the shows.  I did my best to switch up my material compared to the previous night and I feel like I accomplished that.  I was definitely more comfortable with my set this time around...announcements were a bit different but I got them done without a hitch (even bantering a bit with an audience member who questioned the "free shot if you sing karaoke at Backstreet" gimmick).  Max is featuring for the rest of the weekend, so no further changes to the introductions.  I feel like my zucchini joke has become an ideal closer...it's a good quick joke that fits well at the end of a set and gets really good laughs.  Friday night will be a real test with two shows in the same night...then Saturday will have THREE shows.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment