Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Comedy Part 659: Dirty Dozen

Location: Helium Comedy Club
Emcee: Nathan Orton
After: Ryan Dalton
Before: Chris Cyr

I don't consider myself a "dirty" comedian since I usually don't curse on stage, but I have some jokes that could be considered too edgy for general audiences or have some shock factor to them.  I figured that out when I went through my comedic mental rolodex prior to my guest set on the show with Willie Tyler.  It was very cool to be invited to perform on this show(and it was a paid spot, so that was an added bonus)...I planned out the best material for the show theme and feel like I delivered in a major way.  I only forgot one joke that I had planned to do and didn't have to refer to notes at all(something I'm now paranoid about doing, given recent events!).  The show had a surprisingly strong turnout, said to be about 190 people...and just about everyone had really good sets.  I slightly altered one joke to be about as "blue" as I would ever work...it's about a song by Mickey Avalon(look it up).  So, while my business choice from the other night may not have been the most lucrative, it was a fine evening and life goes on.  Next up for me:  Timekeeping at the Hey Guys Comedy contest tomorrow night, then probably stopping in for the Friday show headlined by Brett Walkow.

No comments:

Post a Comment