Friday, July 15, 2016

Comedy Part 707: Hey Guys, It's Not Raining THAT Hard

Location: Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee: Me
Lineup: Will O'Donnell, Joe "The Animal" Lancey, Andrew Mihalovich, Brian McDowell, Landon Meyer, Chris Cyr, Shannon Yarbrough, Rex & Echo Selix, Andy Hamilton, Eric Brown

Due to a few minor downpours in the past several days, I don't have cable or Internet at my house...seeing as how there are a bunch of people without any electricity at all, I'm a bit low on the priority scale at the moment.  I drove through one of those storms last night to get to Hey Guys, dodging rain and hail as I dashed from the car to the front door...heh.  As a result, open-mic attendance wasn't the best...with little time to prepare as I was hosting, I did a lot of tried-and-true material for a crowd that had largely heard it before.  I did get a few new jokes out there, including a handful of bits that are more political than I typically deliver on stage.  It's too bad the Effingham show was cancelled/postponed as I was looking forward to testing myself with a longer set...hopefully I can do that in the near future.  As it is, I'm hosting at Hey Guys tomorrow night for headliner Brian Aldridge and feature Landon Meyer...showtime is 8:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment