Saturday, June 5, 2021

Comedy Part 868: Indoor Rainout?

Location: Margarita's
Emcee: Jeff Phipps
After: Zack Butkovich
Before: Vincent Opper

Looks like this may become a regular spot for me; hopefully performing on a regular basis will motivate me to write some new material.  I went up fairly early and did my best to change things up from last week's show.  There was a chatty table of people who were there for a birthday party; a few of the comics addressed them and played off their responses, but that's not really my strength...it's something I will need to learn as a comedian.

As the show proceeded, water began dripping down from the ceiling.  We weren't sure why; did a water pipe burst?  They actually had to delay the show for a short time to investigate the situation; it turned out that someone in an apartment above the bar had absent-mindedly left their sink faucet running!  Thankfully the faucet was turned off and the water gradually stopped, but I hope there isn't any long-term damage there.

No comments:

Post a Comment