Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Comedy Part 566: Hey Guys, Performing On The East Side

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcees:  Rex & Echo Selix
After:  Wes Hoffman
Before:  Josh Funneman

The newer guys brought some audience members...always a plus.  It was a weird night of scheduling as Westport Funny Bone's open-mic night was moved to Wednesday due to a special engagement on Tuesday; that meant Westport, Valley Park Funny Bone, and Hey Guys all had open-mic shows on the same evening.  Each comic had six minutes of time...thanks to the extra energy of the audience, I felt like I did really well.  Thanks to Rex's introduction, I felt like I had to do the "will not rape you" joke.  I reworked my old "premature elimination" joke about the Blues...hey, 'tis the season.  I did my best to reword a newer joke(about medication side effects) so that it wasn't as similar to another comedian's bit...I hadn't initially realized how similar they were.  I went to my notes more than I would have liked...can't do that on a professional show.  Speaking of which:  My next performance will be a guest set on Friday at Hey Guys...Jack Willhite is the headliner.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment