Friday, May 1, 2015

Comedy Parts 564-5: Live Bear, Root Beer

Location:  The Great Grizzly Bear (Ursa Miker)
Emcee:  Stryker Spurlock
After:  Andrew Frank
Before:  Christine Compas

Location:  Fitz's
Emcee:  Jon Venegoni
After:  Matt Rose
Before:  Kevin Person

My Thursday night doubleheader began with the new Ursa Miker show.  There were only a few non-comics in attendance, but it's a cool bar that could develop into a pretty good show over time.  Sadly, Stryker's promise of a live bear in attendance was greatly exaggerated...*sob*

Onward to Fitz's in the Loop...they had a really fun audience and I had a really good set despite going on second-to-last.  Memo to self:  Root beer is good, but impulse buy of chili cheese fries may not have been the best idea in retrospect.

At any rate, my work vacation is wrapping up...I'm going to see the Untamed Shrews at Hey Guys Comedy this evening and my next performance will most likely be at Valley Park Funny Bone next Tuesday.  I have entered the Westport Funny Bone's comedy contest...more details on that when I know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment