Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Comedy Part 597: On The Road To 600

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Emcee:  Charlie Winfrey
After:  Steve Poggi
Before:  Sean Shank

Was under the weather last week and skipped Westport, but this was the fourth time in five weeks that I made the list at the Funny Bone.  The audience wasn't that great and I did a LOT of new stuff:  My own twist on the Jared/Subway deal, a road rage/Blues fan bit(yeah, make fun of a home team, THAT'LL go over well), and a wisecrack about the Ashley Madison hack.  Memo to self:  Facebook "like"s do not equal successful on-stage bits.  I wrapped up with my better newer jokes(Russian bear, expensive movie theaters, and Hulk Hogan's recent issues) and got a few decent laughs...I hate to blame the crowd as they were quiet for a lot of people, but other comics got good laughs.  At any rate, onward...to Valley Park Funny Bone tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment