Sunday, July 10, 2022

Comedy Part 872: Punk Rock Pig Roast

Date:  Saturday, June 25th, 2022
Location:  South Broadway Athletic Club
Emcee:  Brandon Volz
Other Comics On Lineup:  Emily Zell, Shaun Brennan, J.C. Sibala, Chris Cyr

I hadn't been on a comedy stage since November and had to remind myself about most of my material, so I was a bit rusty.  Micaela Mohr asked me about doing this show and I was more than happy to perform, but I probably should have prepared a bit better and done some open-mics to refresh myself.  Of course, me being me, I'm only focusing on looking at notes on my phone, forgetting a punchline, and literally dropping my phone and having to pick it up to continue.  I got some good laughs from my stronger jokes and even tried a couple of new ideas, but those will need more work if they're going to be anything.  I have a vacation week from work so I will hopefully get to an open-mic this week...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment