Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Comedy Parts 667-8: Bunch Of April Fools

Location:  Helium Comedy Club(garage)
Emcee:  Patrick Mahon
After:  Reid Garber
Before:  Ron Finger

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Nathan Orton
After:  Tree Sanchez
Before:  Cameron Keys

Helium wasn't able to post an open-mic list ahead of time, so it was a case of signing up at the club.  That left the local comics with the choice of the two clubs with Tuesday night open-mics(Helium and Westport Funny Bone)...for me, Helium is closer and I was more likely to get stage time.  Unfortunately, the curse of nicer weather struck as attendance was low at both shows.  I tried doing lesser-used material and quickly discovered why I stopped doing those jokes in the first place...of course, I should probably try them again in front of more people.  I did hit on one new joke that has potential...once I write more for it, I'll give it another go.  Next up for me is a quadruple-header at Hey Guys Comedy:  Open-mic on Thursday and hosting for "Midnight Swinger" David Scott on Friday and two shows Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment