Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Comedy Part 687: Four Weeks In A Row

Location: Westport Funny Bone
Emcee: Duke Taylor
After: Jack Schurk
Before: None(on last)

It was a tough night for live entertainment as both the Blues and Cardinals had home games; it's especially a thing for hockey as the Blues are deeper into the playoffs than they usually get.  As a result, both local comedy clubs had lower turnouts than usual, though the Funny Bone's crowd was halfway decent under the circumstances.  I was asked to keep time at the show, so that was my focus for most of the evening; it was cool to make the list for the fourth time in as many weeks at the FB.  Since a few people referred to amber alerts and I was on last, I joked that we went from jokes about amber alerts to a guy who looks like the cause of them...har har.  I had a decent set...next comedy show for me is tomorrow night in Maplewood at the Juke Joint.  Showtime is 8:00!

No comments:

Post a Comment