Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Comedy Part 712: Rent Was Due

Location: Westport Funny Bone
Emcee: Andy Hamilton
After: Cameron Keys
Before: Reggie Edwards

Real life had been a drag in recent weeks, so I hadn't been out as often on Tuesday nights.  I decided to make my way out to Westport for the first time in a little while, especially since I knew a few people who were taking their first shot at the open-mic there.  Local rassler Gary Jay and his "Rent Is Due" podcast co-hosts Bill Volz and Brandon Messmer all signed up and made the list...it was Gary's first time on the comedy stage.  I tried out a handful of new lines but mostly stuck to tried-and-true material...hadn't done much writing in recent days.  Gary's been in front of audiences with a microphone before, so that part was no problem for him...that whole crew did a fine job.  Next up for me will be my first venture to Springfield, IL as I head to Donnie B's for the first time...should be an interesting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment