Thursday, August 25, 2016

Comedy Part 720: Corner Keg Feature & Judge

Location:  Corner Keg (Highland, IL)
Emcee:  Bruce Veach
Lineup:  Larry Smith, Gary Reinhardt, Doug Morris, Anita Echevarria, Tom Brown, Brian McDowell, Lucas Hinderliter

I was set for my second longer comedy performance in the past few days...while I fell a bit short of the twenty-minute mark, I felt like I had a stronger overall set than I did on Sunday (when I noticably struggled to come up with my next line at times).  Doing longer sets is the only way I can learn how to do them...I noted jokes I could have done and will hopefully include in the future.  I'm also learning how to structure my longer sets and organize certain jokes.  I was also the judge for a comedy contest for the first time...it was not an easy decision as everyone did well.  (Doug Morris was the winner and Tom Brown was the runner-up.)  Next up for me:  Hey Guys Comedy's open-mic this evening at 7:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment