Thursday, July 30, 2015

Comedy Part 584: Ode To Yakov

Location:  Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee:  Tim Convy
After:  Eric Brown
Before:  Stephanie Keeline

Had some new jokes for the night and a pretty good audience in attendance...I had been in a funk for a few days and I needed to clear my head.  One topical joke regarding Hulk Hogan's recent, ahem, verbage got a good response.  The other joke was related to an oddball news story from a few weeks ago...I had done it a few times before, but maybe I just nailed the wording here since it got an applause break.  WOO~!  Practically everyone mentioned that joke when they talked to me afterwards and Josh Arnold mentioned me in his set, so that was pretty cool.  Sorry to have set a slightly high bar for the first-timer who went on after me, but Stephanie did a fine job with her debut performance.  They say comedy can be therapeutic and I think this evening really helped my state of mind...thanks to the other comics and the audience for making that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment