Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Comedy Part 768: Getting Back On The Radar

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Willie Lynch Jr.
After:  Ken Warner
Before:  Yale Hollander

I hadn't been to Helium in quite a while; I generally preferred the Funny Bone's open-mics on Tuesdays, but Helium has since moved their open-mic shows to Wednesdays.  I had enough time between work and the show to grab dinner at Raising Cane's in the Galleria(one love, *dog bark*).  The open-mics are now held in the bar/garage area instead of the showroom, which is an improvement in my book.  I felt like I had a really good set; I wanted to make a good impression since I hadn't been there in a while.  I formally met the current manager Julie while I was there and it sounds like I got the right kind of notice...woo.  Next up on my personal triple-header is Hey Guys Comedy on Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment