Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Comedy Part 796: Hey Guys, Contest Final

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Me
Lineup:  Johnny Pants, Shannon Yarbrough, Wayne Wiskow, Will O'Donnell, Spencer Tegtmeyer, Nathan Orton, Shon Don, Jimmy Day

To get the formalities out of the way, your top three were:  3rd place Nathan Orton, 2nd place Shon Don, and 1st place Will O'Donnell!  Only a couple of people went over their time, but it made the difference in at least one case.  I felt like my show-closing set went pretty well...I have some new jokes, but it wasn't a good night to try them out just yet.  While I'm still battling whatever physical maladies seem to be plaguing me these days, I hope to get back to the open-mics more consistently in the future.  SICW promoter Herb Simmons and Cowboy Bob Orton stopped by the show as Nathan was among the finalists...the club is attempting to set up a Q&A session with Larry Matysik and I'm penciled in to be the opener for that show.  Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment