Sunday, December 22, 2019

Comedy Part 847: Schmitty's Open...Mic?

Location:  Schmitty's Sunset Inn (Troy, IL)
Emcee:  Me
Lineup:  Doug Morris, Jason Dormire, Joe "The Animal" Lancey, Bob Tierney, Wayne Wiskow, Laura Greco, Alex Blodgett, Quentin Wilbert

Ashley Montes had to work this evening so she asked me to host the open-mic portion of the evening...cool by me.  We started a bit late since the "mic" part of "open-mic" is kinda important...minor stumbling block.  I set a timeframe of about six minutes per comic, though I think I did a bit more and Wayne(who brought the sound system) got some leeway as well.  We had a pretty good audience for both the open-mic show and the showcase thereafter, which was hosted by Cori Stewart and featured David O'Donnell, Meredith Hopping, and Marquise Moore.  Good times on a Sunday night before Christmas...will this be my last comedy show of the year?  We shall see, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment