Monday, February 24, 2020

Comedy Part 848: Ending A Two-Month Hiatus

Location:  Schmitty's Sunset Inn (Troy, IL)
Emcee:  Me
Lineup:  Jason Dormire, Joe "The Animal" Lancey, Tim Laffey, Zach Butkovich
Showcase Lineup:  Lisa Andris(emcee), Al Nimpson, Andy Hamilton, Chad Wallace

With Doordash taking up most of my evenings, I hadn't had much chance to perform...a wrestling show took precedence over the January Schmitty's show, so that was another sidetrack.  Ashley Montes asked me to host the open-mic portion of the evening; for this month at least, they did the showcase first and then the open-mic.  I honestly didn't want to get back on stage until I had some new material to work out...a lot of it is in the formative stages but hopefully I can turn it into something worthwhile over time.  I want to get out to more shows, but nowadays it comes down to other things taking precedence and just not having the energy for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment