Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Comedy Part 861: Sunday Funday

Location: Westport Funny Bone

Emcee: Tommy Dangerfield

After: Tommy Dangerfield

Before: Richard Aviles


My usual opening jokes are intended to set the tone of "I'm aware that I come off as weird to others and I can laugh at it, so you can too". I think it loses that impact in open-mic sets when that material is most of what I do...someone even suggested to me that the audience might feel bad about laughing after a certain point. I stumbled over the wording of one joke here but recovered fairly well (despite going against the wrestling mentality of "don't repeat the spot"). At any rate, if I'm going to be performing more often in the near future, I need to get more new material out there so hopefully this motivates me to write a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment