Thursday, November 5, 2015

Comedy Parts 619-620: Hump Day Two-Fer

Location:  Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee:  Joe Murray
After:  Ben Johnson
Before:  Kyle Kordsmeier

Location:  Crow's Nest
Emcees:  J.C. Sibala & Chris Cyr
After:  Stryker Spurlock
Before:  Shaun Arredondo

Attendance at both shows wasn't the best, so it may not have been the best evening to test-run a new joke.  Despite that, I got it out on the table and now know that it needs more work, so that's progress.  Also got the gears turning on another joke...hopefully I can give that another run-through in the near future.

Wild Card Comedy is a unique experience and gives comedians an opportunity to deal with situations on the fly, so I consider it an interesting challenge.  I drew the card for "Get Lifted", which meant that I had to do one of my jokes in the "style" of another comedian.  I wasn't familiar enough with the more famous options, so I went with St. Louisan Keith Cissell for my example...it seemed to go well enough.  My second card was "Footloose", meaning I had to do a dance move after each joke.  I did the only dance move I know:  The robot.  At any rate, it was a fun evening...tomorrow night, I'll be hosting at Hey Guys Comedy for Denise Ramsden(and, as it turns out, J.C. will be featuring).  After that, I will hopefully have enough energy to check out the Fitz's show...woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment