Friday, July 11, 2014

Comedy Part 514: Hey Guys, I Like Talking To You

Location: Hey Guys Comedy Club
Emcee: Greg McClintock
After: Jim "The Dad" Keith
Before: John Orr

Since Comedy Etc. II shut its doors in 2012, the Metro East hadn't had an established comedy club...thankfully, that's now changed with the arrival of Bruce Veach's Hey Guys Comedy Club in Fairview Heights. I was privileged to be selected for the "soft open" of the venue last night along with Greg, Andrew Hagan, Jim, John, and Joe "The Animal" Lancey; Bruce himself capped off the evening. I feel like I did okay, though I got noticably lost at one point as I tried to figure out how to close my set. They'll have shows on Friday and Saturday nights to start...from what I understand, open-mics will be added once the club is more established (most likely on Wednesdays). Hopefully a venue closer to home will motivate me to write some new material...been in too much of a writing slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment