Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Comedy Parts 709-10: Back At Helium

Location:  Helium Comedy Club(garage)
Emcee:  Rusty Hughes
After:  Ella Fritts
Before:  Justin Luke

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Stryker Spurlock
After:  J.R. Moore
Before:  Jon Venegoni

Hadn't been to Helium since the first round of their contest (congrats to Rafe Williams on his win, by the way).  I hadn't been feeling the best in recent days, so I probably needed to get out of the house to take my mind off things.  I had several new jokes in mind for the evening and the "bucket mic" was my opportunity to test-run them...it can be tough to gauge quality in that environment, but it was still fun.  The current monsoon season in the St. Louis area has meant that people don't feel like leaving the house, but the people in attendance had a good time at both shows...I did my best to have a solid set on the main show and feel like I did okay.  I'm not sure if I'm going anything at Hey Guys on Thursday or not...I hadn't planned on entering the contest, but maybe I'll throw in a last-minute entry if there's a slot available.  (To be fair, my track record in contests isn't the best...)

No comments:

Post a Comment