Friday, January 27, 2017

Comedy Parts 737-8: Wednesday Doubleheader

Location:  Bar 101
Emcee:  Joshua Slobe
After:  Joshua Slobe
Before:  Tom Straight

Location:  Crow's Nest
Emcee:  J.C. Sibala
After:  Quentin Wilbert
Before:  Tom Brown

With a comedy layoff of a few weeks, a rare free evening, and several new bits to iron out, I decided to fill out my Wednesday night with open-mics.  Josh's Bar 101 open-mic is fairly new and unfortunately ran up against a couple of significant local showcases, meaning that attendance was minimal.  Despite that, we had fun with it in a "workshop" sort of way...it's good to get material out on the table so you can get feedback on it.  From there, I made my way to The Crow's Nest for a card-less Wild Card Comedy show...it went relay-style with J.C. starting the show and each comic randomly drawing the next comic's name to bring them up.  I didn't have much time to plan my set as Quentin followed J.C., then my name was drawn to go up after Quentin.  I riffed on Quentin's line about becoming recently single and him saying "that hasn't happened in a while" by saying "I am also single...that's never NOT happened".  The bar was chatty(as often seems to be the case) so I was mostly performing for the comics up front...it was still a good time.  Got to talk to some people I hadn't seen in a while and met a few people for the first time.  Only regret:  Forgetting to bring quarters for the tabletop arcade machine at Crow's Nest.  (There's a Galaga 3?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment