Thursday, February 2, 2017

Comedy Part 741: Hey Guys, It's Contest Time Again

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Justin Crouch
After:  Shon Don
Before:  Vincent Opper

I signed up for the contest at the last minute, promptly being scheduled for the first week of competition.  After struggling with newer material at the open-mics on Monday and Tuesday, I went back to basics with this one:  No frills, just come out swinging with my best material.  No notes either, which was something that hurt my score last year.  Much to my surprise, it actually WORKED and I advanced to round two!  That marks the first time I have ever gotten past round one of a comedy club's contest...woo.  Others advancing:  Brian McDowell, Max Price, and J.C. Sibala & Shon Don(tied) with Tom Brown as the wildcard.  I've already exceeded my expectations in this contest...guess we'll see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment