Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Comedy Part 813: Nailed It

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcee:  Rob Tee
After:  Spencer Wolf
Before:  Marvin Davis

I went up fairly early and had a really good set...when it's an open-mic, I sometimes stray from my usual format of the early character establishment jokes but not always.  They seemed to go over really well on this night...I'm still working out some of my newer jokes, but my stage time went very well in general.  I have a couple of bigger shows in the upcoming months so I don't want to be too rusty when that time comes...it's a constant proving ground to show how good you can be.  Club open-mics are particularly important since they can lead to paid weekend spots, whether they be hosting or featuring...my next goal/step is to feature at a comedy club, but I haven't hosted at Helium yet so hopefully that can happen in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment