Saturday, February 23, 2019

Comedy Part 822: Headlining!

Location:  New Memphis Station (New Memphis, IL)
Emcee:  Gary Reinhardt
After:  Wayne Wiskow
Before:  None(on last)

When I asked about the lineup order, I was not expecting to be the one to go on last...despite that, I was up for whatever they needed me to do.  We had a tremendous lineup featuring Vincent Opper, Anita Echevarria, Lucas Hinderliter, Jeff Tolbert, and Wayne.  I joked that I felt normal by comparison...bwahahaha.  The trip to the show was a bit harrowing as I came close to running out of gas, not realizing that the nearest gas station to the venue was a few miles away...thankfully that mini-crisis was averted.  My set went about sixteen minutes and went very well...the experience is going to be valuable as I learn to fine-tune my longer sets.  It'll do me well to pace myself and organize my stronger material across the time frame.  At any rate, good times...paid gigs are always a plus and I have a few more of those in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment