Thursday, May 13, 2021

Comedy Part 865: Milling About The Comedy Scene

Location:  Das Bevo (Bevo Mill)
Emcee:  Meredith Hopping
After:  J.C. Sibala
Before:  Mollie Amburgey

I'd never performed at a windmill before, so this open-mic was a first.  It was an outdoor show on the patio of the in-house restaurant and I went up early, so the audience was energetic.  I felt that I had a really good performance, setting the tempo for the rest of the show.  Some of the comics even got a tour of the windmill afterwards, which was really cool.  I'd never been to the windmill despite traveling near it many times in my life; my great-grandparents used to live near the Bevo Mill so my mom would drive near the windmill on the way to their house.  I knew them as "Windmill" Grandma & Grandpa as a result...heh.  I have a wrestling-themed comedy show on Saturday in Mount Vernon...woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment