Saturday, May 29, 2021

Comedy Part 867: Heyyyy, Margarita's

Location:  Margarita's (Belleville, IL)
Emcee:  Jeff Phipps
After:  Tim Laffey
Before:  Comedian Tone

Checked out this show on a whim...after work and Doordashing on Friday, I realized that I would be able to drive to downtown Belleville in time for this new open-mic's signup.  They're pretty cool with giving a decent amount of time as each comedian got up to ten minutes, so I had time to pace myself and deliver a good set.  I even worked out a few new parts to my recent bit about accidentally discovering a parking garage hookup (based on a true story!).  It was essentially a bar open-mic so the audience was chatty at times, but I and other comics powered through and put on a good show.  Hope to be back in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment