Friday, April 13, 2012

Comedy Part 442: Roast Of Aaron Brooks

Location: Fitz's
Emcee: John Venegoni
After: Nick Branson
Before: Joe "The Animal" Lancey

Getting the formalities out of the way...it was my first show at Fitz's. Wish I could make it to more shows there but I usually have to work Friday mornings. I wrote a few things ahead of time, but I feel like my best lines were ones I wrote earlier in the evening. I didn't have jokes for everybody on the dais and not everything worked too well, but it was one of those nights where that didn't matter too much.

I honestly wish I knew Aaron better. He's a good guy who is always cool to the people around him and I wish him(and Brian Kinsella) all the best in Texas. This was a great show and very entertaining for everyone involved, from the comedians who performed to the people in attendance. That's the great thing about this comedy scene: You have to keep writing and improving to keep up with everyone or you risk being left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment