Saturday, November 15, 2014

SICW Update

Per Herb Simmons' Facebook page:

"As the promoter for SICW for the past 40 years I have always been up front and honest with the great fans of SICW. As you know we have been promoting the appearance of WWE Legend Marty Jannetty to appear tonight at the huge SICW match in East Carondelet Illinois. Up until 7am this morning when I received a call from Marty's lady friend, I was feeling good about him living up to his agreement. Then at 1:30pm this afternoon he called and stated he had a problem at the airport and they wouldn't let him board the plane. This even after I sent him the confirmation and my wife pre-registered him yesterday, 24 hours before his scheduled flight. In checking with the air line it was determined he was a no show. Over the years in this business I had only one other no show, and that was a guy by the name of Buddy Landell, so over these years only two isn't a bad record. But I have always stated that being a good promoted is one who is honest with the fans. That's why instead if waiting until tonight and making some lame excuse, I wanted to let you know now that Marty Jannetty has no showed us. I can assure you the wrestling action is going to be great as always and I hope you will come out and enjoy yourself. I regret if this has cause anyone an inconvenience. I had been told by a dear friend that this was a possibility, but I'm one that likes to give a person the benefit of a doubt. Now I know Marty Jannetty isn't on my trust list. Again I apologize to any of the fans that were making the trip to see him."

No comments:

Post a Comment