Thursday, February 26, 2015

Comedy Part 551: Hey Guys, I'm Running Out Of Wacky Blog Titles

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Gary Schultz
After:  Barry Pultman
Before:  Joe "The Animal" Lancey

With fewer comics on the lineup, I did a ten-minute set at Wednesday's open-mic night.  It's a good confidence-booster to do longer performances...I really want to figure out my ceiling as far as set length goes.  The longest set I've ever done was around twelve minutes and I've added a lot of new material since that time...if I pace myself well, I could probably get to fifteen with no problems.  I won't know if I can do a twenty-plus-minute set until I actually do it, I suppose.  My main problem is remembering all the material that would go into a performance of that length, which is why I want to write more extended bits as opposed to one-liners.  My current project is a bit of that nature and I want to see how much I can add to it for the sake of sheer audacity (given the subject matter).  At any rate...onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment