Friday, October 2, 2015

Comedy Parts 606-7: 3/8 & 4/8

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Feature:  Max Fitzgerald
Headliner:  Ryan Singer

Both shows had really good audiences...in particular, the 10:30 show had a stronger turnout than I was expecting.  Tried out my new "social butterfly" joke tonight(tweeted about it the previous evening)...I was worried that people might not get it and that it might need more setup, but it seemed to go over well.  Now that I'm a few shows into the weekend, the announcements and introductions are no sweat.  I've been getting all positive reviews for the weekend thus far...tomorrow's triple-header will be a real test.  One audience member told me that my set was almost TOO self-deprecating...who knows, maybe I should tone that down.  Shoutouts to the local comics who stopped by the shows:  Stryker Spurlock, Scott James, Tree Sanchez, and Aaron Sawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment