Sunday, October 4, 2015

Comedy Parts 608, 609, & 610: 5/8, 6/8, 7/8

Location: Westport Funny Bone
Guest Set(midnight show): Charlie Winfrey
Feature: Max Fitzgerald
Headliner: Ryan Singer

The 7:30 show had an absolutely packed house, to the point where there was barely room for the comedians to sit or even stand in the showroom. I've done my best to vary up my sets so that I'm not doing the same jokes at every show...I have my "go-to" material, but there's plenty of room for maneuverability. Saw a couple of friends from the local wrestling scene at the first show: Jimmy Charisma and Melvin Talent, formerly known as D.N.S. The 10:00 show wasn't quite as huge but was still really good...had a good time with that show as well. The midnight show's audience was about at the level of a standard open-mic turnout...they were a bit stingy with their laughter and it was the roughest set of my weekend. Charlie did a guest set on that show, but it took a lot to warm the crowd up...I've heard the midnight shows can be tough in general. Shoutout to Gabe Kea who stopped by the late show...he’s headlining this weekend at Valley Park Funny Bone and was one of the first guys I met when I started doing comedy. At any rate...seven shows down, one more to go for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment