Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Comedy Part 734: Comedy, Smacked Down

Location:  Helium Comedy Club
Emcees:  Bobby Jaycox & Rafe Williams
After:  Nathan Orton
Before:  Joe Murray

This wasn't my best night for a variety of reasons.  The format(heckling encouraged, particularly by the other comedians in the front row) was the exact opposite of my wheelhouse.  I've been under the weather and that usually means my ears clog up; that meant I had trouble hearing what people were saying.  I hadn't performed in several weeks as I've been working Tuesday nights lately.  On top of that, my nose started running like CRAZY about halfway through the show...as it turned out, I went on stage near the end of the show.  The heckling starts a minute into one's set with the blow of a whistle by one of the emcees...I joked that I should just sit down and let everyone take their verbal shots at me since that would be entertaining enough.  Take shots they did, though the originality left a lot to be desired(pedophile, school shooter, all the usual stuff).  At any rate, I hope to give this another shot at a time when I'm feeling better...thanks to Cathy Babis for treating me to dinner at Weber Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment