Sunday, August 27, 2017

Comedy Part 762: Hey Guys, I'm Working With Josh Blue

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Spencer Tegtmeyer
Feature:  Tim Convy
Headliner:  Josh Blue

My Saturday plans changed as I was asked to do a guest set on the Saturday late show...getting to work with a former Last Comic Standing winner was a pretty cool thing.  I drove him from the hotel to the club and he's a really good dude.  The 7:00 show had a packed house...the 9:15 show wasn't QUITE as full but it was still a fun audience.  I seem to be more comfortable on stage when I don't plan things out meticulously in advance; this was a good example of that as I focused on doing a strong five minutes.  It was a full weekend as I drove Josh from the hotel to the show (I'll never look at apples the same way again), then got up early this morning to drive Josh and Bruce Veach to Lambert Airport...gotta put in the work and pay dues, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment