Friday, August 10, 2018

Comedy Part 810: Rough Patch

Location: Helium Comedy Club
Emcee: Duke Taylor
After: Brandon Judd
Before: Lisa Anders

Life’s kinda kicked my ass lately, so my mind has been on everything but comedy lately. I don't recall even thinking much about my set until I was at the club on Wednesday. Thankfully I had a couple of new ideas that I hadn't tried out and gave them a test run (McPTSD and a new pun joke)...both have potential but need some more work. I did stumble upon a pretty funny tag for one of them...heh.

Comedy is one of the only things in my life where I have a great deal of confidence...I wish it was something I could do for a living, but that's a longshot with all of the competition around here. I can do a ten-minute set with absolutely no problem nowadays, whereas I recall struggling to stretch what little material I had into a longer set for a road gig way back when. (Quincy State Room!) I now know that I'm capable of going twenty minutes with material to spare, which is good for feature work at comedy clubs... unfortunately I’ve never been a good self-promoter, so my bookings tend to come from people who already know me. Life stuff has taken precedence recently (health and finances), but if this can turn into something...hey, you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment