Sunday, July 28, 2019

Comedy Part 831: GoBots Comics & The Millenium Falcon Waffle Iron

Location:  Apotheosis Comics & Lounge
Emcee:  Tom Brown
After:  Dani Schi
Before:  Jon Geen

It was a rare Saturday night where I was at a comedy show instead of a wrestling show(though I stopped by Dynamo Pro once my shot was over to catch the tail end of their event).  The showcase lineup included Chad Wallace and Nate Barron as well and Apotheosis had a really good audience for both the open-mic portion of the program and the main show.  I made more of an effort to pace myself since I was given a 15-20 minute block of time...I was worried about making time since I came up short the last time I performed at this venue.  I looked at the notes on my phone near the end, but I did about 16 minutes and had a really good set.  As always, paid gigs are a plus.  Unfortunately I was a last-minute scratch from Max Pryce's Funny Bone showcase this past Wednesday, but hopefully I will be on one of his showcases in the near future...I also hope to get to the Funny Bone open-mics more often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment