Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Comedy Part 841: Could Have Been Better

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Emcee:  Ronaldo Mercado
After:  Phillip Cornell
Before:  Matt Wiseman

With a lot of comedians in town for the World Series Of Comedy, over fifty people signed up for Tuesday's open-mic.  Despite that and the presence of a few first-timers, I somehow still made the list which honestly shocked me.  I had one new joke to try but I stumbled over it...ugh.  I've had a few sets lately where I got great reactions from the audience, but on this night I just did..."okay", I guess.  It showed me that I still have a lot of work to do, especially in writing new material.  I need to make a point to set aside time for that as my creative process has been slower than I'd like...better luck next time and all that.  Next time looks to be Sunday at Schmitty's Sunset Inn in Troy, Illinois...hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment