Monday, December 23, 2013

Comedy Part 507: Surprise!guestset

Location: Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee: Shaun Arredondo
Feature: Josh Arnold
Headliner: Andi Smith

I had just planned to check out the Sunday night show at the Valley Park Funny Bone. As it turned out, I was asked about doing a guest set, so it was a good thing I had some of my comedy notes with me. I didn't keep track of my time but I think it was about 7-8 minutes. I felt like I did really well though I didn't finish as strongly as I would have liked. I don't have one definite "closer" right now and I had used all my usual closers earlier in the set. One of my newest jokes got some good laughs, so that was cool to hear.

All in all, a good comedy night...I definitely want to get to the Valley Park Funny Bone's open-mic in the future. The drive is about the same as Westport and it sounds like I'd have a better shot at making the list. I am performing next Saturday evening at the monthly showcase at Shameless Grounds...hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment