Thursday, January 30, 2014

Comedy Part 509: Peaks & Valleys

Location: Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee: Nathan Orton
After: Ted Vincent
Before: Andrew Frank

I went to the first scheduled open-mic night for the Valley Park Funny Bone last fall, but it was cancelled due to lack of attendance(Game 1 of the World Series was the same night). I wanted to get back to open-mic at some point...I was sick last week but I made it there last night. Not as many comics sign up for that show as the Westport version, so there's a better chance of making the list. May figure out if other Illinois comics want to carpool on Wednesday nights.

The show had a lot of new faces with a handful of established local comics...I went up around the midpoint of the show. I tried out several new jokes in front of a crowd that was tough at times, but I feel like I did okay. May check out Fitz's tonight for an encore...

No comments:

Post a Comment