Saturday, August 23, 2014

Comedy Part 521: Opening For Dustin Diamond

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Me
Feature:  Ben Bergman
Headliner:  Dustin Diamond

I hadn't hosted a weekend comedy show in a while...I emceed for Tom Foss at the Comedy Forum in 2008 and opened for Wild Bill Bauer(RIP), Michael Thorne, Ward Anderson, and Tim Walkoe at Comedy Etc. II.  My opportunity came as a result of several people coming to the open-mic show on Wednesday to see me, including my next-door neighbors who hadn't seen me perform before.  Several people came out to the late show last night, including my cousin Jason and his wife as well as wrestling compatriots like Drew Abbenhaus, Dale, and Tim.  Much appreciation for the support...

At any rate, I nailed the announcements and the introductions.  I did a fairly quick opening set and almost everything went over well...of course, I'll dwell on the one joke I botched since I totally blanked on the follow-up that might have saved it.  Oh well...all things considered, it was a really fun night.  Shoutout to Josh Funneman who had his first hosting spot at the 8:00 show last night...sounds like he did a great job, considering he's only been doing comedy for a few months.  All the best to Andrew Hagan and Ryno Burns who are hosting the shows tonight...have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment