Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Comedy Part 563: It Was In The Cards

Location:  Crow's Nest (Wild Card Comedy)
Emcee:  Chris Cyr
After:  Nathan Orton
Before:  Jon Maddy

I didn't make the list at the Valley Park Funny Bone open-mic, so I went to the second stop on my itinerary...it was my first time at the Crow's Nest for Wild Card Comedy.  The gimmick of the show is that you can draw a "card" for some sort of challenge within your set.  I drew the cards for "Beat Fauxetry"(do a joke in beat-poetry style) and "New Release"(do a new joke).  My "beat-poetry" joke was actually another new joke that went over relatively well...it was hard to gauge the reactions since the bar was pretty loud at times.  All in all, I had a good time with the evening...tomorrow night, onward to "Ursa Miker" at The Great Grizzly Bear Pub and then Thursday Night Mic Night at Fitz's!

No comments:

Post a Comment