Thursday, June 18, 2015

Comedy Part 575: Park It Here

Location: Valley Park Funny Bone
Emcee: Jon Venegoni
After: Stryker Spurlock
Before: Andrew Topping

Was feeling iffy earlier in the day, but I decided to haul out to Valley Park anyway...why not? I mostly did newer material...I'll simply say that some worked and some didn't. Maybe it was the wrong crowd for some of the jokes, but they're all works in progress so maybe they just suck right now...heh. If nothing else, it was good to get those jokes "on the table", so to speak. I've written far too many potential bits that just waste away in my notebook without ever being tried. On a side note, I highly recommend Rob Durham's book "Don't Wear Shorts On Stage" to the new aspiring comedians in the area...and I'm not just saying that because I saw him at the shows this week. *cheap plug* Next up for me: Probably Westport next Tuesday, then Hey Guys Comedy next Wednesday. Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment