Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Comedy Part 727: So I May Finally Be Getting A Job...

Location:  Corner Keg Pub (Highland, IL)
Emcee:  Joe "The Animal" Lancey
After:  Josh Freeman
Before:  Jay Avery
Headliner:  Luke Schneider

It was good to get out of the house...Joe had set up a showcase for the monthly comedy show in Highland(fourth Wednesday of every month!), so I asked about getting some stage time.  A couple of friends from Highland were able to attend...I normally don't see them outside of the local rasslin shows.  I'm not sure how much time I did, but it was a longer set than usual and I was able to try out some new lines...some of which were based on true stories, I shall say.  The fact that it turned out to be a paid gig was a nice perk...it was also cool to see two guys I hadn't seen on stage before in Jay and Luke.  The job situation seems to have turned a corner, so hopefully I'll have good news in that regard in the near future...how it'll affect my overall schedule remains to be seen.  I am on the list for Helium next Tuesday, at any rate...

No comments:

Post a Comment