Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Comedy Part 750: Gauging The Repertoire

Location:  Westport Funny Bone
Emcee:  Tim Convy
After:  Quentin Wilbert
Before:  Ryan Irvine

With my longest set to date occurring on Saturday, I wanted to see how much of this open-mic set I could do WITHOUT reusing any jokes from that set.  Other than one quickie joke to close out the set(one word: zucchini), I accomplished that mission and I can confidently say that I have enough material for a 25-minute performance.  I will probably try this again on Thursday at Hey Guys Comedy to extend that to thirty minutes, if at all possible.  It's good to keep the jokes fresh in my mind...plus my eventual goal of doing a feature set at an area comedy club is seemingly within reach.  It's just a matter of catching the eye of the right bookerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment