Sunday, March 4, 2018

Comedy Part 791: Cabin Comedy

Location:  Log Cabin Tavern in Marion, IL
Emcee:  Tim Loss
After:  Gary Reinhardt
Before:  Nathan Orton

This was my first comedy road trip in a while...I road-tripped with Gary last night for the two-hour trip to southern Illinois.  The undercard featured newer comics Clay Foley and Nicholas Cuvar...it was an interesting crowd that was touch-and-go at times, but it still turned out to be a fun show.  I was a bit disappointed that I only did about twelve minutes when the goal was fifteen, but I think I'm out of practice on doing longer sets.  I tried out one new joke that may be St. Louis-centric (related to area pizza selection); perhaps that one is better served in the immediate area.  All in all, paid gigs are always a plus...hopefully more paid gigs and longer sets are in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment