Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Comedy Part 793: Hey Guys, It's The Wildcard Round

Location:  Hey Guys Comedy
Emcee:  Me
Lineup:  Nicholas Cuvar, Gary Schultz, Lucas Hinderliter, Meredith Hopping, Shannon Yarbrough, Jerry Wuhl

Week four of the contest saw the six wildcard qualifiers compete to determine who would move on to the semifinals.  Everyone stuck to their time on this night, which was less of a headache for me...I'm usually pretty lenient on timekeeping at the open-mics at Hey Guys, but it was a bit more important here.  My show-closing set went surprisingly well...I had some new material to work on and was glad to get it out there.  One joke that I wrote earlier in the day was about the acknowledgement of, ahem, "Steak & B.J. Day" and my alternative...I'll leave it at that.  The competitors who advanced to the semis:  Nicholas Cuvar, Lucas Hinderliter, Meredith Hopping, and Shannon Yarbrough!

No comments:

Post a Comment