Monday, May 14, 2018

Comedy Part 799: Just Moosing Around

Location: Centralia Moose Lodge
Emcee: Tim Loss
After: K.L. Mason
Before: Gary Reinhardt

I picked up Gary in St. Louis for this road trip...we weren't sure what to expect for an audience but the show had a solid turnout and the people had a good time. It's nice to perform for a fresh crowd who hasn't heard most of your material ad nauseum.

I did about 17 minutes...wanted to hit 20, which was my only letdown as the set went really well. With some last-minute lineup changes, it was Tim, Ted Denson, K.L., then an “intermission” of sorts before myself and Gary. Going up to a cooled-down crowd was tricky(even with Tim telling a few jokes beforehand) but it worked out fine. It's always nice to get paid to perform and this was one of my better recent outings in that regard. I have another road show on Friday in Carmi, IL, so hopefully things will go swimmingly there as well.

In the meantime, I plan to get back to the Westport Funny Bone tomorrow night for open-mic...woo. Showtime is 7:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment