Monday, October 28, 2013

CSCW Special Comment

Had a family outing last weekend and missed SICW...will catch up through Wrestling Explosion.

Dynamo Pro Wrestling had their first event in Pittsfield on Saturday, but it was a two-hour drive so I opted for the shorter drive. It sounded like an eventful show as Jake Dirden defeated Dan Walsh for the Heavyweight Title...more on this as it develops.

It was a good thing that I double-checked the event info on Saturday...I had been posting the event location as Swansea(thinking the Cahokia site was a one-time thing for Rob Conway's appearance). As it turned out, they were back in Cahokia...all I was really checking was the start time. I apologize to my readers(both of you) if I misdirected anyone.

Attendance wasn't that great...they only drew about 50 for the Conway show and they MAYBE had 30 for this one. I felt bad for the guys in the opening segment and the first match as they were met with a lot of silence. The crowd enthusiasm got better as the show progressed, at any rate.

Your ring announcer was Tank Thurman and the show started with a "contract signing" setup...that set up Evan Money vs. Shane Somers for the NWA Central States Title later in the show. I'm good with promos to a point, but if I wanted to see a wrestling show start with talking, I'd watch the stuff on TV.

The in-ring action was solid for the most part, but it took some serious work to get the fans involved...I don't know the issue with drawing fans, but it's a business and you've got to bring in customers to be successful.

Had previously seen Matt Fontaine and Damien Tyler as The Dragons/Black Dragon Assassins in MECW. The triple threat match had an odd dynamic with two faces and one heel(Ricky Starks). Good match, though.

Hadn't seen Jeremy Hadley before though he was billed as being from Hazelwood.

Jimmy D and Garrett Williams went OLD-SCHOOL HEAT~! with the Red Sox jerseys...hey, they're classics because they work. Liked the no-holds-barred brawl more than I thought I would, so there you go.

I didn't hear an exact date for the November show, but that's apparently when Shane Fury vs. Chris Logan for the NWA Illinois Title will happen.

I'm still not sure about Evan Money's character. They had teased like crazy that he was going to dump manager Garrett Williams and then Williams interfered against his own protege to cost him the title. Afterwards, Money's promo was still heelish...so yeah.

Next weekend: Nothing that I know of. All I know for November are MMWA and SICW; St. Louis Anarchy's next show is Yuletide Terror in December. CSCW said they have a November show but I'll need to wait for the exact date and location to be posted. Also waiting to find out when Dynamo's next show will be.

As always: #yaywrestling

No comments:

Post a Comment